Awards and Recognitions
Rotary Eye Institute has always striven towards the betterment of people and bringing smiles to their faces has been its greatest reward. But, since the time of its inception, it has been conferred with many awards and recognition that are a matter of great pride. It all began in 1994 and since then, the list has got longer and longer with every passing year. Here are some of the feathers that Smt. Lilavati Mohanlal Shah (Billimorawala) Eye Hospital, (REI) has added to its cap over the years.
- 1994 – Research Recognition
- 2004 – Award from National Blindness Control Society
- 2005 – Honored by His Excellency Governor Benga Daniel, Ogun State, Nigeria.
- 2006 – FGI award for excellence in the field of social welfare
- 2007 – Honored by His Excellency Ex.President of Nigeria Mr. Obasanjo.
- 2009 – Honored by His Excellency Governor Murtala Nyako, Nigeria.
- 2013 – Recognized for Excellence in Social Service by Government of Gujarat.